***UPDATE 24th APRIL***
Surfers, check out the entry list in the link below if you want to make sure you are entered in the correct categories. Please text (not call) Nick on 07711263584 if you spot any errors. Many thanks and see you all tomorrow at 8am!
Its official, winter is over and the sun shines light upon a new spring, one which all surfers hope will be fun filled and wave drenched. Spring also marks the annual swing into the competitive season and Surfing GB are once again here to provide in fine fashion.
Sticking with tradition we be will kick off with a bang and throwing the thrilling Aquajuice British Schools Surf Championships, to be held in the idyllic Widemouth Bay in Bude on April 25th & 26th.
This event is designed to give junior surfers a chance to not only compete against their peers, but to do their school proud, teaming up with their classmates to showcase the talent within junior surfing and the British schooling systems.
“For many juniors this isn’t just a weekend of competition, but a friendly and enjoyable weekend with new and old friends, sharing the stoke of a weekend Surfing and representing their school” describes the events contest director Pauly Jeffrey.
An expected turn out of over 100 juniors aged between 12 and 18 from over 20 schools are expected, meaning that the team and individual titles will be fiercely fought out.
Aquajuice soft drinks will keeping the competitors fruitfully hydrated whilst Surfing GB’s other official sponsors Surfdome and Acer will be supporting the event. This year also sees the exciting inclusion of Carve Sunglasses, Santa Cruz and Billabong sponsoring junior divisions, bringing prizes and fun times!
Marketing manager of the brands Josh Hockridge discussed how “Surfing GB’s events provide the youth of British Surfing with the stage to perform, so as a company it’s great for us to be involved and support the future”.
Entry for the event is now open and the entry form can be downloaded here
Who can enter?
– Entry is only permitted to Surfing GB members, you can join on www.surfinggb.com/membership.
– Each school/college can enter teams of up to 6 surfers, there are no restrictions on the amount of entrants for a team in a specific category e.g. A school can enter all 6 surfers in the U18 Girls division.
– Entry into multiple age divisions is permitted and full payment for each entered division.
– Competitors must be under age for division on 1st January 2015.
– If you are not able to represent a specific school but would still like to enter this is permitted so please clarify this on your entry form.
What do I need to know for the event?
– Surfing GB will post a 7 day – 5 day – 3 day – 2 day – 1 day call for the event, updating you with the forecast through Surfing GB’s Facebook.
– The event will be called on or postponed (conditions dependent) on Thursday 23rd April via SGB Facebook.
– Individual prizes will be awarded within each division and the combined results from Surfers representing a team will inform an overall team champion.
How can I enter?
– Fill in the form and return it to us with your entry fees.
– The closing date for entry is 5pm on Wednesday 22nd April. Applications may be limited depending on application numbers.
– Receipt of entry will not be provided due to the mass entry numbers: we will post the entry list on www.surfinggb.com on Friday 24th April so please check and contact the organisers with any queries.
– We hold the right to cancel the event or change locations/format if conditions are deemed unsuitable or unforeseeable events occur that directly affect the running of the event.
How do I pay?
– Payment should be made by cheque payable to Surfing GB and posted to Surfing GB, The Yard, Caen Street, Braunton, EX33 1AA. Please print and send your entry form with your cheque.
If you cannot pay by cheque then card or bank transfer can be arranged, please email email@example.com to inquire.
For all event enquiries please contact Surfing GB via email to firstname.lastname@example.org