Surfing GB will once again be kicking off the 2014 Competition season with the premier and always tantalising 2014 Calypso British Schools Surf Championships.
Having proved itself as a fantastic event location Widemouth Bay, Bude will play host to the event for the 3rd year running on June 14th & 15th. Surfing GB will again team up with The UK Pro Surf Tour to provide Junior Surfers with the opportunity to strut their stuff on a National stage whilst representing their School with fellow class and team mates.
2013 Calypso British School Surf Championships
Following a winter of relentless and epic swells Surfing GB can think of no finer way to start the year than to invite all the UK’s Junior’s to participate in the 2014 Calypso British Schools Championships. “Junior Surfing in the UK is developing at a fantastic rate, however we need to ensure that we identify the talent from a young age and nurture it, so ranking events like The British School’s are an excellent opportunity to see what the Juniors have been up to all winter” said The Team GB Junior Head Coach Lloyd Cole.
Dale Foster 2013 Calypso British Schools
Over 100 juniors aged between 12 and 18 from over 30 schools from throughout the UK and Worldwide will be competing. There will be both team and individual competitions and Surfing GB expects to see some impressive action as well as ensuring fun for all.
Calypso Soft Drinks are continuing their passionate support of British and Junior Surfing through sponsorship of the event and of Surfing GB, ‘We are excited to be a part of the development of Surfing in the UK, whilst seeing the competitors and spectators enjoy our Aquajuice drinks is an absolute pleasure’ said Huw Evans of Calypso. Posca creative pens and Offsure Surf Insurance are also apart of this unique event, whilst Surfing GB’s newest sponsor and now Official Technology Provider ACER, will be providing technological support for the event.
The Calypso Team GB Junior squad will also just have returned from competing at the 2014 World Junior Surfing Games in Ecuador. We hope that the stories and experiences from the World’s that float around the event site throughout the weekend will inspire the competitors to achieve future GB selection; the first step of course is to achieve the automatic ranking selection through events like the Calypso British Schools.
– Each school/college can enter teams of up to 6 surfers and there are no restrictions on the amount of entrants from a school/college entered into a specific category e.g. A school can enter all 6 surfers in the U18 Open Bodyboard if necassary.
– Individual prizes will be awarded within each division.
– Combined results from Surfers representing each school/college will inform an overall school/college as the British School Champions.
– Entry is only permitted to Surfing GB members, if you are not a current member please visit www.surfinggb.com/membership to join.
– Entry into multiple age divisions is permitted and full payment for each entered division is required. Please identify all division entries in the box on the registration form (P.1). NOTE: Competitors must be under age for division on 1st January 2014.
– The closing date for entry is 5pm on Wednesday 21st May. Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis and may be limited depending on application numbers.
– If you are not able to represent a specific school but would still like to enter this is permitted and please clarify this on your entry form
– Receipt of entry will not be provided due to the mass entry numbers, you will be contacted on Thursday 22nd May with a full entry list so please check the entry then and contact event organisers with any queries.
– Surfing GB hold the right to cancel the event or change locations/format if conditions are deemed unsuitable or unforeseeable events occur that directly affect the running of the event.
ENTRY & PAYMENT
-By card or bank transfer: Email email@example.com to arrange this.
– Payment for entry can also be made by cheque payable to Surfing GB. Post Cheque and entry forms to:
British School Surfing Championships, C/O UKPSA, Event Suite, International Surfing Centre Fistral Beach Newquay Cornwall TR7 1HY.
For all event enquiries please contact Nick Rees (SGB Operations Manager) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07711263584