Surfing GB is looking for two new enthusiastic and dynamic course presenters to deliver the new ISA/SGB Level 1 Surf Coach Award, joining the existing four ISA presenters – Andy Joyce (Bournemouth); Barry Hall (Newquay); Dean Gough (Pembroke) and Stuart Parry (Polzeath).
The intention is to ensure that there is a broad spread of access to Level 1 courses offered in relation to the geographical popularity of surfing and its key centres. In collaboration with the ISA, Surfing GB is keen to ensure that the emphasis remains on “quality rather than quantity” and the number of course presenters in Great Britain will be restricted to meet identified needs.
The ISA will be notified of the names of the successful applicants, who will then be required to complete the ISA approval process with the full support of SGB – (See link below)
Essential person specification:
- Proven wide experience of surf coaching
- Previous TA/Course presenter qualification
- Recent involvement with the development of Surfing GB
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Coach membership of Surfing GB
Desirable person specification:
- Evidence of engagement in community-based surfing
- Evidence of involvement with surf teams
- Evidence of involvement with judging or contest organisation
- Evidence of coaching progression (schemes of work, lesson plans etc.)
Applicants will be expected to make the case for offering surf coach courses in their particular geographical area. NB. SGB is not seeking to appoint new course presenters in areas already adequately covered by existing presenters.Applicants will be expected to outline the logistics of how they would expect to offer and run the ISA/SGB courses.
Applicants should email letters of application, covering all the points above and including a relevant CV to: email@example.com by 5-00pm, Friday 28th June 2013.
- Applicants will be short-listed and invited to interview within 2 weeks of the close of applications.
- Applicants not short-listed will be notified by email.
- Unsuccessful interview candidates will be notified verbally.
- The names of the successful, approved candidates will be forwarded to the ISA with the full support of Surfing GB.
Thank you for your interest.