Welcome to Surfing GBWelcome to Surfing GB

Surfing GB is the designated National Governing Body for Surfing in the UK! We are taking experience from the past and inspiration from the present to enhance the future of Surfing in the UK. Our commitment is to our members whom we strive to provide a valuable service to.

This website and is designed to be a first point of call for information and to help you find the support you need, so take a look around and we hope you enjoy SGB’s online experience.

Whatever your interest, your Surfing NGB has a role to play. If you want to see British Surfing back on the Global map, if you want to enhance Surfing in the UK and if you want your NGB to deliver the service and support you want PLEASE join us, your support will give us the resources we need to work for you.
Thank you for your support
The SGB team

2013 POSCA British National Surf Championships

JoinSGB_button-1

UPCOMING EVENTS:

2014 British Junior National Surf Championships 6-7 Sept; click for more info

Latest News On Surfing GB

Securing Surfboards to your car

Securing Surfboards to your car

We read the news reports of the terrible traffic accident caused by stray surfboards that occurred on the North Devon link road last week. The bare bones of the story are that the 2 occupants of a convertible were hit by surfboards that had become detached from another vehicle. The convertible then had a head
read more

2014 Acer British Interclub Surfing Championships

2014 Acer British Interclub Surfing Championships

The 2014 British Acer Interclub Surfing Championships The long wait is over. The Acer Interclubs is around the corner and will be bigger and better than ever! For those unfamiliar with this unique event, Surf clubs from throughout the UK put forward teams to represent their home breaks in Open, Women & Junior divisions. The
read more

Team GB Juniors 2014-2015

Team GB Juniors 2014-2015

Surfing GB and the Team GB management, with support of main sponsors Calypso Soft Drinks, are excited to announce the selection processes in place for the creation of the 2015 Team GB squad and travelling team for the 2015 World Junior Surfing Games. As we develop, we learn, and we learned allot from recent campaigns.
read more

THE 2014 RIP CURL GROMSEARCH PRESENTED BY POSCA

THE 2014 RIP CURL GROMSEARCH PRESENTED BY POSCA

So, that’s it. At the beginning of 2014 we teamed up with Rip Curl to bring a series of events to the flourishing young Surfer scene of the UK, designed to identify the best talent in our Nation, whilst providing memorable events that the competitors, parents & all relish and enjoy being a part of.
read more

UK Rip Curl Gromsearch results

UK Rip Curl Gromsearch results

What a weekend! In true British style, we lucked in on waves & the sun shone (this is true for 70% of the weekend, British fashion may be the rain/wind & dribble summer slop we had for the other 30% but who cares, we had a blast!). The British leg of the World Wide 2014
read more

2014 Posca British National Junior Surfing Championships

2014 Posca British National Junior Surfing Championships

The 2014 Posca British National Junior Surfing Championships 6-7th September. Fistral Beach, Newquay. Times are changing in British Surfing. The popularity of our magnificent sport is increasing and youngsters throughout our land have been taking to the shores to sculpt their skills. In 2013 Surfing GB and The UK Pro Surf Tour operated the largest
read more

Welsh Grom Search Cancelled

Welsh Grom Search Cancelled

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the cancellation of the Welsh leg of the Rip Curl Grom Search presented by POSCA. We have tried our hardest to get this event run as we love the welcome we receive and the fun we’ve had in previous years, but the waves just haven’t played
read more